Associate Director Information Systems
San Diego, CA
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated Associate Director of IT to lead our IT team, consisting of 1 full-time employee. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the onboarding and offboarding processes for employees, managing various IT systems, supporting the company's IT needs via a Slack-based helpdesk, maintaining onsite equipment, and managing IT vendor relationships.
Lead and manage our IT team, providing guidance, direction, and support to ensure efficient and effective delivery of IT services.
- Oversee the onboarding and offboarding processes for employees, ensuring a seamless experience in terms of IT resources and system access.
- Manage IT systems, including Google Workspace, Office, Rippling, 1Password, Dropbox, Slack, and VoIP, ensuring optimal performance and security.
- Coordinate IT support for our 120-person company via a Slack-based helpdesk, providing prompt and effective solutions to any technical issues that arise.
- Ensure the proper functioning of onsite equipment, including office network and printers, as well as troubleshoot and resolve any issues.
- Manage and maintain relationships with IT vendors, handling renewals and contracts, and exploring alternative systems when necessary to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in IT management, preferably in a leadership role.
- Strong knowledge of IT systems, including Google Workspace, Office, Rippling, 1Password, Dropbox, Slack, and VoIP.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Experience managing IT support for remote employees across multiple time zones.
- Familiarity with managing vendor relationships and contract negotiations.
Scientist.com is the world’s largest marketplace for medical research. We help pharmaceutical scientists discover life-saving medicines in less time and at lower cost. Our mission is to make it possible to cure all human disease by 2050.
By connecting scientists and enabling them to exchange ideas and transact seamlessly online, Scientist.com is speeding up and reducing the cost of medical research. We were founded in 2007, launched our first research outsourcing marketplace in 2008 and built our first enterprise marketplace for Pfizer in 2009. Today, we operate enterprise marketplaces for 20 of the world’s top 30 pharmaceutical companies, 80 biotechnology companies and the US National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Named as Inc. Magazines Best Workplaces 2018 & 2019 and 9th Fastest Growing Company in the U.S. 2018, we are seeking talented, creative, and hard-working individuals who want to transform how research is done and help speed the discovery of new cures in oncology, neuroscience, cardiovascular, and thousands of other common and rare diseases.
Scientist.com Hiring Philosophy
Scientist.com is an equal-opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast-growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!